About Samantha E. Leonhardt
I represent for-profit and nonprofit developers, owners, and investors in connection with a range of multifamily affordable housing programs and transactions, including:
- Section 8 renewals, modifications, and rent increases
- Transfers of physical assets (TPAs)
- Section 8 HAP contract bifurcations
- Moving Section 8 HAP contracts
- Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program conversions for new subsidy contracts
- HUD 202 and 236 loan programs, including decouplings
In addition to assisting clients with this work, I also represent buyers and sellers in structuring transactions and obtaining the required federal regulatory approvals to transfer subsidized and use-restricted properties in connection with the acquisition, development, financing, and rehabilitation of affordable properties throughout the U.S.
- District of Columbia
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- BA, The Pennsylvania State University
- Represented a client in obtaining necessary HUD approvals for a two-step bridge to permanent financing transaction in South Carolina with pre-approval of post-rehabilitation rents in advance of bridge closing.
- Represented a client in a bifurcation and assignment of a recently converted RAD contract in connection with demolition and new construction in Alabama, including a unit configuration change, utility allowance adjustment, and management agent change.
- Represented a client in moving HAP contract subsidy of two projects through 8bb Moving Section 8 transactions in Florida in connection with the decision of the owners of the transferring projects to opt out of the Section 8 program.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals for multiple HAP bifurcations and combinations in Georgia as part of a neighborhood redevelopment.
- Represented clients requesting pass-through lease approval for temporary off-site relocation of tenants during large scale rehabilitations.
- Represented clients in obtaining Enhanced Vouchers or Project-Based Vouchers following the expiration of HUD use agreements.
Get the HUD Support You Deserve
Public or private, you’re supporting the community. We can give you the legal support you need.