About Reenan Tages
I represent for-profit and nonprofit developers, owners, and property managers in transactional and regulatory compliance matters involving multifamily affordable housing programs, primarily Section 8 assignments and renewals, approvals of new management agents, and transfers of ownership of HUD-insured properties. In addition, I assist owners in transitioning their properties to Project-Based Voucher assistance upon the expiration of affordability restrictions on a property, usually associated with the maturation of HUD-held or insured loans or expiration of HUD use restrictions.
- District of Columbia
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BA, Florida Atlantic University
- Represented a client acquiring a regional property management company in obtaining the necessary HUD approvals to take over management of seventeen HUD-affiliated properties.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals needed for the substantial rehabilitation of four projects in upstate New York, including approvals for HAP assignments and HAP renewals with post-rehabilitation rent increases.
- Represented clients in applying for and implementing Project-Based Voucher contracts at projects throughout the country to assist residents put at risk by the expiration of affordability restrictions.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals for the reorganization and transfer of ownership interests in a portfolio of eight projects with HUD-insured loans.
Get the HUD Support You Deserve
Public or private, you’re supporting the community. We can give you the legal support you need.