About Deborah Klosko
I represent for-profit and nonprofit developers, owners and investors in connection with a range of multifamily affordable housing programs and transactions, including:
- Section 8 renewals and modifications
- Transfer of physical assets
- Section 8 HAP contract bifurcations
- Moving Section 8 HAP contracts
- Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program conversions for new subsidy contracts
- HUD 202 and 236 loan programs
In addition to assisting clients with this work, I also represent buyers and sellers in structuring transactions and obtaining the required federal regulatory approvals to transfer subsidized and use-restricted properties in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and rehabilitation of affordable properties throughout the U.S.
- District of Columbia
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- BA, The College of William and Mary
- Represented a client in a portfolio acquisition of more than 40 properties located throughout the country in obtaining various HUD approvals including approvals for HAP assignments, HAP renewals with post-rehabilitation rent increases, Transfers of Physical Assets, Waiver of the Due on Sale Clause of Mark-to-Market Debt, and approval for a creation of a new management company.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals for an 8bb Moving Section 8 transaction in Pittsburgh to a newly created apartment building after the transferring project’s HAP contract had been terminated as a result of a HUD enforcement action.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals for a new construction project in Connecticut that involved the demolition and reconstruction of the project, including approvals for a HAP assignment, renewal of the HAP contract with a post-rehabilitation rent increase, pass-through leases, and a utility conversion in connection with a new 221(d)(4) and low income housing tax credit financing.
- Represented a client in connection with converting the Capital Advance and PRAC of a project in Florida to Project Based Rental Assistance through a RAD for PRAC conversion.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approval to bifurcate a HAP contract in Arkansas so that its rehabilitation could be financed with two separate 9% LIHTC allocations.
- Represented a client in obtaining HUD approvals for various 8bb Moving Section 8 transactions in South Florida in connection with the decision of the owners of the transferring projects to opt out of the Section 8 program.
- Represented numerous clients throughout the country in obtaining Enhanced Vouchers or Project Based Vouchers following the expiration of HUD use agreements.
Get the HUD Support You Deserve
Public or private, you’re supporting the community. We can give you the legal support you need.